Many Chicago restaurants are devising creative ways to continue providing great food to us starving patrons who are sick of cooking everything at home. And now two local long-time-friends chefs have joined forces to offer an amazingly complex and exciting dinner – you can pick it up locally whether you live in the heart of the city or in the Northbrook area.
Chefs Sarah Stegner and Carrie Nahabedian join forces for elegant collaboration dinner this Saturday, November 7.
Prairie Grass Cafe chefs Sarah Stegner and Brindille chef Carrie Nahabedian are decades-long friends who bonded over their love of great food and the Green City Market. This special six-course dinner features a 30-minute live Zoom video call with both chefs. They’ll discuss the menu, talk about their friendship and their commitment to community service, and answer any questions you have. The cost is $135 per person plus tax and gratuity and optional wines. Get out your drool rag while you check out this delectable menu!
In the mood…Amuse Bouche
- Beignets of potato and chickpea
- Tempura Pine Island prawns
- Medjool date, Brillat Savarin cheese and local bacon
First course… A pair of autumn soups to take the chill off…from Sarah and Carrie.
- Butternut squash and parsnip
- Root vegetable chips, parsley flan and olive oil crostini
- Fougasse (flat bread of Provence) and Pain au Lait breads
- Bottle of Goutis Estate Greek EVOO
Squash and Goat Cheese “Tart” with flavors of Prairie Fruit Farm and Three Sisters Garden, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate. Prairie Grass Cafe
Chilled Maine Lobster Tian with leeks and roasted tomatoes, Trio of sauces. Prairie Grass Cafe
Lacquered Aged Moulard Duck Breast and Hudson Valley foie gras with braised red cabbage, Beluga lentils, quince and fennel, port and licorice. Brindille
- Brown Butter Tarte scented with cinnamon and Calvados, served with poached cranberries, candied hazelnuts and orange confit
- A pint of hand packed freshly made caramel apple ice cream
- A box of mignardises (tiny pastries) and frivolities
And for extra fun…
Wine selections available separately to enhance your in-home dining experience. (Please order wines from the restaurant you reserve with.)
Chosen by Rohit Nambiar, Prairie Grass Cafe
- Bugey Cerdon, Sparkling Wine, Patrick Bottex, France $25
- 2018 Walter Hansel Chardonnay, Cuvee Alyce, Russian River $45
- 2013 Dusky Goose Pinot Noir, Rambouillet, Oregon $95
Chosen by Michael Nahabedian, Brindille
- Keush Origins Brut Sparkling Wine, Vayotz Dzor Armenia, NV $75
- Alpha Estate Sauvignon Blanc, Florina Greece $70
- Ogier Rhone Blend, Lirac, 2017 $65
- Benton Lane Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley 2015 $75
- Dessert – half bottle Chateau Bel-Air, Sainte-Croix-Du-Mont 2015 $50
Here’s how it works. Pre-order the menu by calling either restaurant before Thursday, November 5 at 3 p.m. Orders may be picked up at the restaurant from which you ordered at 4 p.m. Saturday, November 7. Once ordered, the link to the Zoom session will be emailed to guests.
by 3 pm Thursday, November 5
Prairie Grass Cafe – 847-205-4433
Brindille – 312-595-1616 or email Brindillechicago@gmail.com
by 4 pm Saturday, November 7
Prairie Grass Cafe – 601 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook
Brindille, 534 N. Clark St., Chicago
“See” you there!