Jake Melnick’s Corner Tap. The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival returns November 17 and one of the best places to warm up and enjoy special food & beverage offerings is Jake Melnick’s. Consider this: a Hot Toddy made with either Spiked Hot Chocolate and/or Irish Coffee PLUS incredible, batter-dipped, deep-fried Oreos for $15. Get ’em while they’re hot – special price only on November 17 + 18, 2017.
Petterino’s Monday Night Live (MNL), the impromptu musical showcase hosted by Denise McGowan Tracy and Beckie Menzie, starts celebrating its 10th anniversary Monday, September 25 at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy anniversary specials every Monday including $10/bottle wine specials plus a complimentary slice of birthday cake and champagne toast. Try the $19.95 prix fixe dinner menu and the special anniversary cocktail, or order from the regular menu.
- October 2 – Special guests from the cast of Billy Elliott at Porchlight Music Theatre
- October 9 – Special performance to be announced
- October 16 – Special guests from the cast of the regional theatre premiere of Fun Home at Victory Gardens Theater
- The Return of Monday Night Football – Boulevard American Kolsch Pitchers are now $20. Share a pitcher or two with your favorite Jake’s wings. Read the whole deal HERE.
National Drink Beer Day September 28 – specials on 3 Sheeps Water Slides (Sheboygan, WI) and Goose Island OMG “Old Man Grumpy” (Chicago). Stay tuned for details on a special event!
- Limited-time September dishes to try: 4 Cheese Cheeseburger with fries: Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Provolone and Spicy Parmesan Butter on a grilled ciabatta bun. Smoked Apple BBQ Wings: crispy jumbo wings tossed in Jake’s house made smoked apple bbq sauce. Chimichanga Time!: house-made creamy mac and cheese with smoked chicken in a flour tortilla , deep fried until crispy. Top with roasted serrano aioli and more.
- Pecan Maple – Distinct flavors of nutty autumn pies with a toasty Chiya Chai sweetness.
- Apple Pie – Reinterprets a seasonal dessert staple into a sippable fall classic.
- Pumpkin Spice – Combines two classic fall flavors.
- Pear and Ginger – A refreshing tea sweetened with pear notes with a ginger-driven edge.
Mac and Cheese Day – 7/14: Get cheesed with Spin Dip Mac at Jake Melnick’s. Jake’s Creamy house-made mac n’ cheese is tossed with their creamy spinach artichoke dip, topped with cheddar and Swiss cheese then baked until golden. Garnished with fresh tomato, Parmesan, pita chips and Sriracha crema.
The Asian B.L.T.T. is the perfect summer burger featuring a hand-packed Ahi Tuna burger, topped with smoked teriyaki bacon, wasabi ranch salad and crispy wontons. The salad is on the burger so it counts, right? BTW, July is Ice Cream Month so don’t hold yourself back from celebrating all month long!
International Chicken Wing Day – 7/29: Grab a basket of the Spicy Pina Colada Wings, the perfect celebration flavor. Jake’s jumbo wings are fried until crispy, tossed in their house-made spicy pina colada sauce and garnished with toasted coconut. Served with Ranch dressing.
Whether you go for the fireworks or not, you’re bound to want to share some good food with family and friends. Consider taking a day off from grilling to check out some of the cool options around Chicago this holiday. Here are a few ideas:
Bistronomic (840 N. Wabash), the contemporary bistro rooted in French culture in Chicago’s Gold Coast, will offer uniquely American dishes in early July to celebrate the USA. Beginning Saturday, July 1 through Sunday, July 2Bistronomic will offer a two-course prix fixe menu featuring the Bistronomic Club Sandwich and Red, White & Blue Baked Alaska for $17.76. On Wednesday, July 5 the Le French Burger made with Angus Beef, Housemade Country Pate, Wisconsin Swiss Cheese, Cognac Sauce, Handcut and Kronenbourg will be available for $17.76. The specials will transition into classic French dishes and wine offerings by Friday, July 14 on Bastille Day through until July 16. For the full Independence Day menu, visit Bistronomic’s website. Reservations are recommended and may be made via OpenTable on the website.
Hilton Chicago on Michigan Ave. across from Millennium Park sits in the middle of the biggest Fourth of July festivities in Chicago. Guests can celebrate the country’s independence with an Independence Day Salute concert in nearby Millennium Park and spectacular fireworks at Navy Pier that light up the city’s lakefront. Those looking to avoid the crowds can book one of the hotel’s luxurious suites overlooking Lake Michigan for their own private Independence Day party. Nightly rates start at $111.
Kitty O’Sheas outdoor patio overlooks Grant Park. The pub features authentic Irish cuisine and their award-winning mac & cheese, and an impressive craft beer selection including their own signature Kitty’s Red Ale imported from Kildare, Ireland. Consider the pub’s new weekend boozy brunch with dishes like almond whiskey buns (small batches made fresh daily), fried chicken and corn bread pancakes, and Oreo crusted French toast.
Rush Street Pantry, located in Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, now offers a selection of Housemade Gelato. Flavors include chocolate, vanilla, caramel, and mango.
The Windsor (160 E. Huron), located in Chicago’s Gold Coast, will offer Red, White & Blue Burger Sliders made with red pepper, blue cheese, and white onion. The sliders will be available on Tuesday, July 4 for $3 a slider. The Windsor is open on Tuesday, July 4 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. To make a reservation, call 312-943-7777.