M Burger special flavor milkshake, Have Dreams’ Shake—Strawberry Hot Fudge Swirl Surprise for the month of October (Skokie, Aurora and downtown) for $4.49; $1 of each sale is donated to Have Dreams. Learn more about their work with young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder at www.havedreams.org.
- M Burger has also created a quintessentially fall-tasting confection Caramel Apple Cider milkshake available all of October. Chef Tim Hockett and his team create thick milkshakes made with locally sourced cider, house made caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. The Caramel Apple Cider Shake is offered at six M Burger locations (listed below) for $4.49 plus tax.
At Osteria Via Stato, 620 N. State St., Chef David DiGregorio offers special menu items perfect for carbo-loading runners in the Chicago Marathon. Available Saturday, October 10 and all Marathon weekend: Lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; dinner, 3 to midnight at both Osteria Via Stato and Pizzeria Via Stato or carry out. Choose from:
- Whole Wheat Penne with Seasonal Vegetables ($15.95)
- Orecchiette with Crushed Tomatoes and Garlic ($15.95)
- Spaghetti & Meatballs ($16.95)
- Rigatoni with All-natural Chicken Ragu ($15.95).
Everest, 440 S. LaSalle St. celebrates Shakespeare 400 Chicago – Culinary Complete Works. October 13-23, 2016. Chef/proprietor J. Joho prepares dishes from the era of ancient Rome, inspired by Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar” during The Joffrey Ballet’s run of “Romeo and Juliet” at the Auditorium Theatre. Reserve between 5 and 5:30 pm, enjoy the three-course Pre-Theater Menu (complimentary parking for the evening) and get to the performance on time. Call 312-663-8920 or visit www.everestrestaurant.com for more information. The Shakespeare Menu:
- Great Lakes Wild Whitefish – Braised in Guarome and Lovage
- Au Naturel Capon Fricassée, Roman Herb Seasoning, Chickpea Panisse, Sautéed Romaine
- Fromage Blanc Bamboloni “Roman Beignet”, Compote of Fall Fruit, Honey and Pistachio
Wow Bao – Pumpkin Bao available at all downtown locations ONLY, starting Friday, October 21. Traditional Pumpkin Bao in our signature dough, filled with a rich and smooth blend of pumpkin & spices. ($1.99, $2.09 at Water Tower).
PLUS Wow Bao is poised for its Fourth Annual Wow Bao Eating Contest with ABC-7 Chicago’s ‘Hungry Hound’ Steve Dolinsky.
- Preliminaries: Monday, October 17 – Friday, October 21 at 6 p.m. each night; Wow Bao – 1 W. Wacker (corner of State & Lake)
- Championship: Saturday, October 22 at 2 p.m.; Wow Bao – Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave., Level 2
For every bao eaten during the two-minute championship, each contestant will receive a $10 Lettuce Entertain You gift card. The Grand Prize Winner will also win a free six-pack of Wow Bao a day for a year. Don’t feel like filling your bellies with bao? Come help us create the hype at the championship and cheer on the finalists as they try to set a new record. To sign up visit www.wowbao.com.