Petterino’s Monday Night Live (MNL), the impromptu musical showcase hosted by Denise McGowan Tracy and Beckie Menzie, starts celebrating its 10th anniversary Monday, September 25 at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy anniversary specials every Monday including $10/bottle wine specials plus a complimentary slice of birthday cake and champagne toast. Try the $19.95 prix fixe dinner menu and the special anniversary cocktail, or order from the regular menu.
September 25 – The SOLD OUT kick-off event promises appearances by old friends and new from the cabaret community in the impromptu format that has delighted crowds over the years
- October 2 – Special guests from the cast of Billy Elliott at Porchlight Music Theatre
- October 9 – Special performance to be announced
- October 16 – Special guests from the cast of the regional theatre premiere of Fun Home at Victory Gardens Theater
- The Return of Monday Night Football – Boulevard American Kolsch Pitchers are now $20. Share a pitcher or two with your favorite Jake’s wings. Read the whole deal HERE.
National Drink Beer Day September 28 – specials on 3 Sheeps Water Slides (Sheboygan, WI) and Goose Island OMG “Old Man Grumpy” (Chicago). Stay tuned for details on a special event!
- Limited-time September dishes to try: 4 Cheese Cheeseburger with fries: Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Provolone and Spicy Parmesan Butter on a grilled ciabatta bun. Smoked Apple BBQ Wings: crispy jumbo wings tossed in Jake’s house made smoked apple bbq sauce. Chimichanga Time!: house-made creamy mac and cheese with smoked chicken in a flour tortilla , deep fried until crispy. Top with roasted serrano aioli and more.
Chiya Chai, 2770 N. Milwaukee in Logan Square – Chicago Reader’s Best Indian Restaurant – adds fall flavors to its house-brewed chai program:
- Pecan Maple – Distinct flavors of nutty autumn pies with a toasty Chiya Chai sweetness.
- Apple Pie – Reinterprets a seasonal dessert staple into a sippable fall classic.
- Pumpkin Spice – Combines two classic fall flavors.
- Pear and Ginger – A refreshing tea sweetened with pear notes with a ginger-driven edge.
Psst! Chiya Chai also has a secret full-service dining room that features world-class Indian and Nepalese cuisine. From-scratch fiery curries and and more in this vibrant dining room.
Shaw’s Chicago Oyster Fest 2017 is 10 whole days long this year! Shaw’s annual fall time festival is kicking things off on Thursday, October 5th with a Tap Party with special guest, Haymarket Brewery. In honor of Oyster Fest, Haymarket has teamed up with Shaw’s for a beer collaboration, the very first time they’ve released a beer outside of their Chicago-based brewery. Named Lemon Rye-sing Saison, this brew pairs perfectly with fresh oysters and will officially debut the night of the Tap Party that starts at 4pm.
The Patio at Cafe Brauer, 2021 N. Stockton Dr., celebrates fall with a special Harvest Dinner on Friday, October 13, 6 to 9pm. Locally sourced ingredients, seasonal fruits, vegetables, whole roasts and wine under the harvest moon priced at $65 for adults and $30 for children. Think: Roasted Assorted Fall Squash and Pear Salad, Roasted Amish Chickens with Natural Au Jus and Charred Peach Trifle. Tickets here.